Akkodis - strategic partner of choice for Standard Life’s talent and service desk management
Our client is part of Phoenix Group [a FTSE 100 company], the UK’s largest long-term savings and retirement business. Standard Life is a brand that has been trusted to look after people’s pensions, life savings and retirement needs for nearly 200 years. Today, the company serves millions of customers, offering a range of individual and workplace pensions, bonds and retirement options. The organization provides guidance to help customers make informed choices, and works with financial advisers in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria.
Standard Life’s service desk was manned ten hours a day, six days a week, and staffed by IT contractors — a costly solution that also posed a significant risk. After becoming overly reliant on the knowledge of these contractors, Standard Life’s service offering risked vulnerability to disruption in the face of attrition. To future-proof their services, Standard Life required a 24×7 support structure capable of supporting new technologies, territories, and engagement models, with the resources to retain specific knowledge and improve SLAs at the best possible cost point.
- An extension of the client’s permanent workforce, with the flexibility of contingent workers — allowing them to flex resources up or down in line with demand, whilst retaining vital knowledge.
- The mitigation of co-employment risk, with all resources employed, inducted and performance managed by Akkodis.
- Highly qualified and technically tested consultants, with a structured career development and training program tailored to Standard Life’s specific needs.
- Fixed and stable charge rates paid as annual one-off fees.
- Engaged and motivated workforce, with bi-annual bonuses paid in line with individual performance against KPIs and SLAs
- Rapid deployment and optimization of resources through the virtual bench, pre-start training, knowledge transfer, best practice sharing and buddy schemes.
Through Akkodis’ Employed Consultant Model, Standard Life was able to take a high-cost, underperforming support function and transform it into a revamped service with a new culture, an improved engagement strategy, and superior retention rates — all at a reduced cost. Through each stage of the implementation process, Akkodis took every measure necessary to ensure minimal service disruption to Standard Life’s support operations. Due to the success of the Akkodis Managed Service, and a total cost saving of 25%, Standard Life has extended our contract by three years.
Our Client’s Experience
Let's engineer your smarter