Lead the Charge
An exclusive paid internship in Sustainability with Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team
This is your opportunity to speed up your career
and drive a sustainable tomorrow.
Start your career from the pole position
The Akkodis Lead the Charge program is a paid internship that offers a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for one candidate to work within the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 Team. The application period for the position during the 2024 championship season has closed and we are no longer accepting applications. We will periodically update this page with new information on the program, so please visit from time to time.
Sustainability & Environmental Data Consultant paid internship, 2024
On this exclusive paid internship tech and innovation are combined to create sustainable solutions in a high-tech, data-driven environment. As a member of the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 Team's sustainability team, the selected candidate will begin their incredible journey in Brackley, UK at the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS F1 Team's HQ for the 2024 championship season. Working with the Team, they will help achieve their ambition to become the world’s most sustainable professional sports team across the 2024 Formula 1 World Championship. Creative thinking, capability to drive impact and difference, and a passion for F1 is essential.
*The application period for the position during the 2024 championship season has closed and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Support the Sustainability Team to deliver the sustainability strategy
- Analyze sustainability performance across Net Zero, resource consumption and ecological protection
- Support carbon accounting across all emissions scopes
- Support maintenance and continuous improvement of the Team’s Environmental Management System (EMS) to ensure the retention of certifications including (ISO 14001 & FIA 3* Accreditation)
- Drive sustainable behavioral change through initiatives, training and upskilling department teams
- Awareness of key sustainability principles, industry trends and best practice standards
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and communicating complex data
- Strong technology competencies, strategic planning, project development and delivery
- Agility across multiple projects and good stakeholder management across the organization
- Driven and self-motivated, resilient in highly challenging and fast-paced environment
Thank you to all who submitted questions about the Akkodis Lead the Charge Sustainability & Environmental Data Consultant role and what it will be like to work with the world champion Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team.
Akkodis has gathered your most frequently asked questions and sat down with Alice Ashpitel, Head of Sustainability at the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula One Team in a Q&A session to answer them for you and discuss the main objectives of the role to drive innovative initiatives and create a more sustainable future together with the Team throughout the 2024 Formula 1 season. Click on the video link below to watch the session.
Lead the Charge 2023
Maryam Shaban, selected to join the Mercedes-AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 Team for the 2023 FIA World Championship Season.
Lead the Charge 2022
Shreyas Raman, selected to join the Mercedes EQ Formula E Team for the 2022 ABB FIA Formula E World Championship Season.